Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Martha is a BAD influence!

Remind me, when I already have too much that I "should" be doing, not to pay attention to Martha!! Of course I mean Martha Stewart!! As much as I hate to admit it, that woman INSPIRES ME!! Why do I hate to admit it? I don't even know. Jealousy perhaps :) She has built an empire being CRAFTY! How awesome is that? Oh how I would absolutely love, love, love to be able to make a living being crafty. I could not be Martha though ... she has so much energy! She does more in one day than I could do in a week! I can't even keep up with the housework! Sure, I don't think that Martha is running around trying to mop her kitchen and pick up Polly Pockets, but she does so many other things!
... but I got off the subject.
Martha always inspires me to want to do something. Whether it is something she is doing on one of her shows, or if it is something that I just use as a leaping off point in my head, she makes me want to get out some craft stuff and play. I want to run to my sewing machine. I want to make candle molds! (I blame Martha for the fact I ate way too much cotton candy - it was in the perfect size plastic containers) I want to pull out paper, and glue, and paint. I want to get my hands dirty. I want to play and create until my brain is exhausted. That would not take too long considering I am half braindead from lack of sleep.
One of these days Martha, one of these days ...

No comments: