Monday, December 31, 2007

BE ...

Ali Edwards has issued her one word challenge again. Last year I thought about it, and then got pregnant and my brain dried up into a little crusty raisin. And, if you did not already know this, raisins are not crafty. Raisins have not one artistic inclination. So, needless to say, my one word did not go anywhere. I am not even sure what it was. I might have blogged about it, but I can't remember.
Anyways, this year my word is BE!
There are so many things that I want to be, and there are a ton of things that I need to be.One of the big things that I have realized that I need to be is an adult. You would think that by the age of 30 I would have figured this out, but I look around my house and know that I have not. An adult could not live in this mess!! An adult would know how to make a five year old listen to her (at least part of the time). I need to not be my daughters playmate. I need to be her mother. Mothers can play, but mothers do so much more.
Another thing I want is to be creative. I want to be able to take the time to create whatever my version of art may be for that day. I have been really inspired by art journals and mixed media artists. My sweetie hubby just bought me an easel for Christmas. Maybe it will actually get used.
And, to be horribly cheesey ...I want to BE all that I can BE!!
I don't want to just sit on my tush while life whirls by me.
I want to be part of this world.
I want to be part of life.
I want to be someone that other people want to know.

No comments: