Sunday, March 30, 2008

Start with a Flower



Okay, just cuz you say so Suzi Blu I will :) I cheated a little. I did not have an actual flower in front of me. i just thought of a flower, and pulled out some paints. I usually make everything pink, so I wanted to do something more vibrant. About two seconds after I started painting my 5 year old wanted to help me. So, I opened out my journal and let her paint on one side. She painted Scooby Doo, a heart, and a smiley face. The heart she said was for me! Awww! And of course as soon as she was done she wanted me to be done, so it is strictly a flower painting. I was wanting to experiment with layers. I have the hardest time forcing myself to cover up something else. I love the way it looks in other peoples art work, but I think mainly I just have this fear that I am going to cover up something decent with soemthing that is crap. Gotta get over that ...

1 comment:

Linda Woods said...

I think thoughts of a flower count as having one right in front of you. I love your art. It is full of YOUR personality and charm.